Episode 096 – 9 Advantages and 4 Disadvantages of Online Marketing
In this episode, Digital Mitthyl shares 9 Advantages and 4 Disadvantages of Online Marketing.
9 Advantages and 4 Disadvantages of Online Marketing
Both new and old businesses are trying to increase profits by using online marketing to increase sales, while also hoping to raise brand awareness.
While online marketing has its advantages, there are also some disadvantages too. Let’s look at both the advantages and disadvantages of online marketing.
Advantages of Online Marketing:
1. It can be a low-cost promotion strategy.
2. You can reach a global market.
3. Reach your target audience quickly and easily.
Paid advertisements are an option, and your results can be immediate. With time and an optimized website, you can reach new prospects continuously by ranking at the top of the search engines.
4. Collect payments easily.
If you enable e-commerce on your website, you’ll be able to collect payments from your customers quickly and easily.
5. Market your offers 24/7.
If you’ve created a website or established a social media presence, this will be available at all times. It won’t close as a physical store would.
6. Trackable, measurable results.
You can sign up for analytics tools that allow you to track your campaigns, so you can see how effective they’ve been. For each online ad, you can track both the number of clicks sent to your website and the number of sales acquired too.
7. Build customer loyalty.
8. Build your influence, or social currency.
When you share content online that resonates with your audience, they are likely to share it. With each share, you increase the reach of your campaign, which increases your audience and potential customers.
9. Better conversion rates.
With a website, you are only a click or two away from making a sale. Offline, a customer would have to make a phone call or physically go to a store to purchase.
So, as you can see, online marketing is generally easier, quicker, and more efficient than offline marketing. Plus, you can advertise online for free.
Disadvantages of Online Marketing:
1. It can be time-consuming.
Creating content and optimizing your website to rank highly can take time. It’s important to measure your results to ensure a profitable return on investment (ROI).
2. Potentially lots of competition.
Depending on your niche, if you want to reach a global audience, you’re going to meet a lot of competition from those trying to do the same.
What can you do to stand out from your competitors?
3. Customer complaints and feedback are visible.
Even if a customer issue is resolved, the customer complaint will likely stay visible online forever. If you fail to resolve these issues, then your brand reputation can be damaged irreparably.
4. Security and privacy issues.
If you are collecting data from your users, perhaps with an email list, then it’s important to comply with any laws regarding privacy and data protection.
Online marketing can be lucrative if done effectively. However, if you don’t use effective techniques, then you may not see the return on investment that you hope for.
Regardless, in today’s world, having an online presence is incredibly important. It’s up to you to make it work for your business.
- Episode 118 – How to Grow Your Brand with LIVE Streaming with Amani Roberts
- Epi 117 – The Lost Pages of Think and Grow Rich – That’s why you didn’t get rich by Blaine Oelkers
- Episode 116 – Clarity + Intentionality = Happiness by Steve Fredlund | The Digital Maddy Show
- Episode 115 – Why Crafting Customer Journey makes a big difference to your Business by Stormie Andrews
- Episode 114 – Here is a Perfect Solution if You want to become more Effective | Guest: Jessica Eastman Stewart